Tentative Board Decisions
Tentative Board decisions are provided for those interested in following the Board’s deliberations. All of the reported decisions are tentative and may be changed at future Board meetings.
September 10, 2014 FASB Board MeetingShare-Based Payment Accounting Improvements Research.The Board discussed potential simplifications and improvements to accounting for share-based payment awards in the following areas:
- Minimum statutory withholding requirements
- Accounting for forfeitures
- Accounting for income taxes upon vesting or settlement of awards
- Presentation of excess tax benefits on the statement of cash flows
- Share-based payment to non-employees for goods and services
- Practical expedients for private companies related to intrinsic value, the simplified approach for expected term, and formula value plans.
Disclosure Framework: Board’s Decision Process. The Board discussed a summary of comments received on the proposed FASB Concepts Statement, Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting—Chapter 8: Notes to Financial Statements. The Board also discussed possible next steps for the project.
The Board made no technical decisions.