Tentative Board Decisions
Tentative Board decisions are provided for those interested in following the Board’s deliberations. All of the reported decisions are tentative and may be changed at future Board meetings.
Disclosure Framework: Disclosure Review—Income Taxes. The Board discussed income tax disclosures and decided that entities would be required to disclose the following:
- That a change in tax law has been enacted, and it is probable that the change will affect the reporting entity in a future period
- If deferred taxes are not presented as a separate line item in the balance sheet, the line item(s) in which the amount is presented
- Domestic income taxes paid and foreign income taxes paid
- An explanation of the nature and amounts of the valuation allowance recorded and released during the reporting period.
- If an individual reconciling item amounts to more than 5 percent of the amount computed by multiplying the income before tax by the applicable statutory federal income tax rate, disclose that amount separately
- A qualitative description of those items that have caused a significant movement in the rate year over year.
- The amounts and expiration dates of the carryforwards recorded on the tax return (not tax effected)
- The amounts and expiration dates of the carryforwards that will give rise to a deferred tax asset (tax effected)
- The total amount of the unrecognized tax benefit that offsets the tax-effected carryforwards.
Disclosure Framework: Disclosure Review—Fair Value Measurement. The Board directed the staff to begin drafting the amendments to disclosures related to fair value measurement. After it reviews the draft, the Board plans to meet to discuss any final issues.