FASB Advisory Groups Support Specialist
The FASB Advisory Groups Support Specialist is responsible for assisting with the coordination of all aspects of advisory and liaison group meetings, project working group meetings, conferences (including the FASB academic conference), and public roundtables held at the FASB offices. This includes the editing and distribution of technical accounting papers and presentation materials, as well as assisting in the original development of certain materials that accompany these meetings. The support specialist role is a hands-on position that has a primary responsibility in providing support to the FASB Advisory Groups Executive Director, FASB Technical Director, and FASB staff as they prepare materials for meetings and as a FASB resource in interacting with the outside participants that attend those meetings. The support specialist will also coordinate with FAF administrative support staff and ensure the administrative aspects of those meetings are addressed. The support specialist is an individual capable of handling a wide range of activities, has excellent people skills, is well organized, can edit and proofread technical papers and PowerPoint presentations, and pays attention to detail. The support specialist must work well under pressure, ensuring efficient meetings through effective planning and communication. Travel is not required.
- Work proactively and cooperatively with the FASB Advisory Groups Executive Director, FASB Technical Director, and FASB staff to:
- Plan for future advisory group, liaison group, project working group meetings, conferences (including the FASB academic conference), and public roundtables.
- Coordinate with applicable FASB staff to assist in supporting the development of meeting materials, including agendas, PowerPoint presentations, technical accounting papers or other supplemental material.
- Coordinate with appropriate staff to edit and proof-read related technical papers and power point presentations ensuring that they conform to FASB style, Chicago Manual of Style and determine accuracy of all titles, quotations, and paragraph references.
- Distribute meeting materials to internal and external meeting participants in a timely manner.
- Interact with external meeting participants related to document distributions, meeting details, as well as transportation and hotel accommodation details.
- Coordinate administrative aspects of meeting with FAF administrative support ensuring adequate participant lists are provided to them to facilitate security clearance, meal requirements, name tags, hotel accommodation and ground transportation where needed.
- Ensure FASB project files are up-to-date to reflect discussion and materials utilized at external meetings.
- Other matters as requested.
- As requested, provide support to FASB staff for RTA meetings, PD Sessions, and other significant internal meetings, including the development of agendas, PowerPoint presentations and other materials and coordinating administrative aspects where needed.
- Help with any other projects or activities assigned by the FASB Advisory Groups Executive Director. For example, in some cases, the support specialist may be asked to help coordinate meetings held at off-site locations.
Essential Skills and Experience
- MS Office proficiency (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, significant work experience can substitute for the degree
- At least one year of experience in editing and proof-reading documents
- At least two years of experience in meeting planning and coordination
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to edit and proof-read
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently, self-starter, perseverance in following through on all tasks but adaptable to changing requirements
- Strong people skills; Able to get along with a wide variety of personalities and effectively and diplomatically communicate with all levels of FASB management and outside contacts
- Works well under pressure; able to respond quickly and calmly to last minute changes
- Strong attention to details.
Qualified candidates that meet the requirements of this position should forward their resume, with cover letter and salary requirements to: Ginny Cintron, Personnel Manager, email@example.com.