|FASB Board Meeting, 8:00 a.m. EDT
Register to observe meeting in person
- Agenda prioritization. The Board will discuss the results of staff research and analysis on five potential new projects and decide which, if any, meet the criteria to be added to the agenda. Those potential projects are on (a) determination of a highly inflationary economy, (b) interest rate lock commitments, (c) recognition under Topic 805 for an assumed liability in a revenue contract, (d) cost capitalization for episodic television series, and (e) misalignment of collections definition.
- Financial instruments—hedging implementation. The Board will discuss the status of and issues arising from implementation activities related to its August 2017 Accounting Standards Update No. 2017-12, Derivatives and Hedging (Topic 815): Targeted Improvements to Accounting for Hedging Activities.
- Leases—targeted improvements to Topic 842. The Board will discuss feedback received on its January 5, 2018 proposed Accounting Standards Update—Leases (Topic 842): Targeted Improvements, specific to the proposed practical expedient for lessors. In addition, the Board will discuss other implementation issues arising from the issuance of Accounting Standards Update No 2016-02, Leases (Topic 842).
- Financial performance reporting—disaggregation of performance information. The Board will discuss proposed terminology for the project, specifically the summarized expense lines intended to be the focus of the disaggregation.
- Open discussion. If necessary, the Board will discuss minor issues on technical projects or administrative matters.