FASB Webcast and Webinar Series
IN FOCUS: FASB Update for Private Companies and Not-for-Profit Organizations
Date: Monday, June 26, 2017
Time: 1:00–2:40 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time
The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) is pleased to announce its next semiannual webcast providing an update on the FASB’s standard-setting activities pertaining to private companies and not-for-profit (NFP) organizations. The areas covered will include:
- Overview of FASB’s current agenda
- Private company/Private Company Council (PCC) efforts
- Simplification/narrow improvement projects
- Disclosure framework projects
- Not-for-profit efforts
- Implementation activities for revenue recognition, credit losses, and leases standards
- Update on other recent Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs) and projects, including EITF and Hedging projects.
- Audience question-and-answer session.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Obtain a general understanding of the FASB’s current agenda priorities and list projects recently added to/removed from the FASB’s agenda
- Understand the FASB’s private company efforts
- Understand current and upcoming areas of discussion for the PCC
- List 2-4 FASB simplification projects
- Understand the FASB’s ongoing projects to improve disclosure effectiveness
- Obtain an update on the FASB’s not-for-profit financial reporting initiatives
- Describe the FASB’s efforts to ensure a smooth transition to the revenue recognition, credit losses, and leases standards
- Obtain a general understanding of other recent ASUs and other noteworthy ongoing projects.
Registration: To register for this event, please use this link.
Delivery Method: Group-internet based
Program Level: Overview
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation Needed: None.
Recommended CPE: 2.0 hours; final CPE earned will be determined on the basis of the length of participation in the program, polling questions as described in CPE Eligibility, and completion of a course survey. Credit is provided only to participants in the live broadcast of this course. Please note that credit is not provided for group viewing. Each participant must be registered separately and meet both polling and duration requirements as per NASBA.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: There is no cost for this course and there is no cancellation penalty. Participants will be notified by email as soon as possible if the course is cancelled for any reason.
Complaint Policy: To register complaints about course content or delivery method and to inquire about the timeliness and accuracy of CPE credit posting for this event, contact CPEDirector@fasb.org.
Official National Registry of CPE Sponsors' Statement
The Financial Accounting Foundation/FASB/GASB is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org
NASBA National Registry of CPE Sponsors—Sponsor License Number 107522
Texas Sponsor Number 000016