Media Advisory 02-18-20
Registration Opens for April 2, 2020 FASB Webcast: IN FOCUS: 2020 GAAP and SEC Reporting Taxonomy Improvements and SEC Update
Participants in Live Webcast Eligible for Up to 1.8 CPE Credits
Norwalk, CT, February 18, 2020—Registration is open for an upcoming Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) webcast IN FOCUS: 2020 GAAP and SEC Reporting Taxonomy Improvements and SEC Update. This live webcast, offered free of charge, will take place on Thursday, April 2, 2020, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Eastern Daylight Time.
Participants in the live broadcast (which is offered free of charge to those who preregister) will be eligible for up to 1.8 hours of continuing professional education (CPE) credits. (Please note that CPE credit is not available for group viewing of the live broadcast.)
The webcast will feature Louis Matherne, FASB Chief of Taxonomy Development, and other FASB Taxonomy staff; Sandy Peters, Senior Head, Global Financial Reporting Policy Group, CFA Institute; Mike Willis, Assistant Director, Office of Structured Disclosure, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; and Julie Marlowe, Senior Staff Accountant, Office of Structured Disclosure, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The discussion will include the following:
- An update from the SEC staff.
- Discussion of the application of the Taxonomy for ASUs that are effective this year, in particular, Credit Losses
- Improvement in modeling in the areas of:
- How to tag accounting changes
- Variable Interest Entities and Equity Method Investments
- Retirement Benefits—Phase 3
- Categorization of references to improve element selection.
- Post-Implementation changes to Taxonomy Implementation Guides, including Leases under Topic 842 and Revenue from Contracts with Customers under Topic 606.
- Introduction to the new 2020 XBRL US DQC Rules Taxonomy.
- Discussion of XBRL data in use.
For more information about the webcast, visit www.fasb.org.