Media Advisory 03-08-21
Registration Opens for April 6, 2021 FASB Webcast: IN FOCUS: 2021 GAAP and SEC Reporting Taxonomy Improvements and SEC Update
Participants in Live Webcast Eligible for Up to 1.8 CPE Credits
Norwalk, CT, March 8, 2021—Registration is open for an upcoming Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) webcast IN FOCUS: 2021 GAAP and SEC Reporting Taxonomy Improvements and SEC Update. This live webcast, offered free of charge, will take place on Tuesday, April 6, 2021, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Eastern Daylight Time.
Participants in the live broadcast (which is offered free of charge to those who preregister) will be eligible for up to 1.8 hours of continuing professional education (CPE) credits. (Please note that CPE credit is not available for group viewing of the live broadcast.)
The webcast will feature Louis Matherne, FASB Chief of Taxonomy Development, and other FASB Taxonomy staff; Todd Castagno, Head of Global Valuation, Accounting & Tax - Research Division, Morgan Stanley; Julie Marlowe, Assistant Director, Office of Structured Disclosure, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; and Mike Willis, Associate Director, Office of Data Science and Innovation, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The discussion will include the following:
- Discussion of XBRL data in use
- An update from the SEC staff
- Overview of the 2021 Taxonomy including discussion of:
- The application of the Taxonomy for final SEC rules for Guarantors and Issuers of Guaranteed Securities and Statistical Disclosures for Banks
- Improvement in modeling in the areas of:
- Updates to Taxonomy Implementation Guides, including Accounting Changes, Dimensional Modeling for Disclosures of Consolidated and Nonconsolidated Entities, Financial Instruments —Debt Securities, and Financing Receivable and Current Expected Credit Loss Disclosures
- Additional validation rules included in the 2021 XBRL US DQC Rules Taxonomy.
For more information about the webcast, visit www.fasb.org.