Media Advisory 05/21/20
Registration Opens for June 15 FASB Webcast
for Private Companies & Not-for-Profit Organizations
Participants in Live Webcast Eligible for Up to 2 CPE Credits
Norwalk, CT, May 21, 2020—Registration is now open for an upcoming webcast that will provide a semi-annual update on the Financial Accounting Standards Board’s (FASB) standard-setting activities pertaining to private companies and not-for-profit organizations. The webcast, titled IN FOCUS: FASB Update for Private Companies and Not-for-Profit Organizations, will take place on Monday, June 15, 2020, from 1:00 to 2:40 p.m., Eastern Daylight Time.
Participants in the live broadcast (which is offered free of charge to those who preregister) will be eligible for up to 2 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits. (CPE credit is not available for group viewing of the live broadcast.)
The webcast will feature FASB Vice Chairman Jim Kroeker; FASB Member Hal Schroeder; PCC Member Rick Reisig; FASB Assistant Director—Nonpublic Entities Jeff Mechanick; FASB Supervising Project Manager Jenifer Wyss; and FASB Postgraduate Technical Assistants Frazer Mulugeta and Autumn Zobrist. Topics of discussion will include:
- Overview of FASB’s COVID-19-related activities
- Overview of FASB’s current agenda/effective dates of major standards
- Update on revenue recognition, leases, and credit losses implementation activities
- Update on current agenda projects, including distinguishing liabilities and equity, and goodwill and intangible assets
- Private Company Council (PCC)/private company efforts
- NFP update
- FASB’s responses to specific COVID-19-related issues raised by stakeholders including, for example, accounting for lease concessions, fair value measurement, and certain CARES Act programs
- Other recently issued standards and noteworthy ongoing projects
- Audience question-and-answer session.
For more information about the webcast, visit www.fasb.org.