FASB Webcast and Webinar Series
IN FOCUS: FASB Update for Accounting Educators
Date: Thursday, September 6, 2018
Time: 12:30–3:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time
The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) is pleased to announce its first annual webcast providing an update for university and college accounting educators on the FASB’s standard-setting activities. The areas covered will include high-level overviews of the following topics:
- The FASB’s current agenda
- Recent amendments to the accounting for Goodwill, Cloud Computing Implementation Costs, and Nonemployee Share-Based Payments
- The recently issued Tax Cuts and Jobs Act guidance and implications for accounting for income taxes
- The FASB’s Disclosure Framework projects
- Other recent and soon to be issued standards, including Credit Losses and Insurance
- Noteworthy ongoing projects related to Goodwill, the Conceptual Framework, Performance Reporting, Liabilities and Equity, and Balance Sheet Classification of Debt
- FASB resources for academics and programs to connect academic research to standard setting
- Audience question-and-answer session.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Obtain a general, high-level understanding of the FASB’s current agenda priorities, and list projects recently added to/removed from the FASB’s agenda
- Obtain a general, high-level understanding of recently issued ASUs, and open issues which might be informed by academic research
- Understand, at a high level, the accounting for the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Obtain a general, high-level understanding of key projects in-process, and open issues which might be informed by academic research
- Locate academic resources on FASB’s website
- Understand the process for submitting academic research.
Delivery Method: Group-internet based
Program Level: Overview
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation Needed: None
Recommended CPE: 3.5 hours; final CPE earned will be determined based on the length of participation in the program, polling questions as described in CPE Eligibility, and completion of a course survey. Credit is provided only to participants in the live broadcast of this course. Please note that credit is not provided for group viewing. Each participant must be registered separately and meet both polling and duration requirements as per NASBA.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: There is no cost for this course and there is no cancellation penalty. Participants will be notified by email as soon as possible if the course is cancelled for any reason.
Complaint Policy: To register complaints about course content or delivery method and to inquire about the timeliness and accuracy of CPE credit posting for this event, contact CPEDirector@fasb.org.
Official National Registry of CPE Sponsors' Statement
The Financial Accounting Foundation/FASB/GASB is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org/cpas/complaints.
NASBA National Registry of CPE Sponsors—Sponsor License Number 107522
Texas Sponsor Number 000016