FASB Webcast and Webinar Series
IN FOCUS: Not-for-Profit and Governmental Accounting Webcast for Academics
Date: Thursday, October 11, 2018
Time: 1:00–2:40 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time
The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) are pleased to announce their first joint webcast providing an update for college and university accounting educators on FASB and GASB standards-setting activities. The areas covered will include:
- Update on recent GASB amendments to the accounting for Fiduciary Activities, Other Postemployment Benefits, and Leases.
- Update on recent FASB amendments to Not-for-Profit Financial Statements and the accounting for Grants and Contracts of Not-for-Profit Entities.
- Noteworthy recently issued standards and ongoing projects of the FASB and the GASB.
- Overview of FASB and GASB resources for academics and programs to connect academic research to standards setting
- Question-and-answer session.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Obtain a general understanding of the GASB’s recently issued Statements
- Obtain a general understanding of the FASB’s recently issued ASUs that impact not-for-profit entities
- Obtain a general understanding of recently issued standards, key projects in-process, and open issues which might be informed by academic research
- Locate academic resources on FASB and GASB websites
- Understand the process for submitting academic research.
Field of Study: Accounting
Delivery Method: Group-internet based
Program Level: Overview
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation Needed: None
Recommended CPE: 2.0 hours; final CPE earned will be determined based on the length of participation in the program, polling questions as described in CPE Eligibility, and completion of a course survey. Credit is provided only to participants in the live broadcast of this course. Please note that credit is not provided for group viewing. Each participant must be registered separately and meet both polling and duration requirements as per NASBA.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: There is no cost for this course and there is no cancellation penalty. Participants will be notified by email as soon as possible if the course is cancelled for any reason.
Complaint Policy: To register complaints about course content or delivery method and to inquire about the timeliness and accuracy of CPE credit posting for this event, contact CPEDirector@fasb.org.
Official National Registry of CPE Sponsors' Statement
The Financial Accounting Foundation/FASB/GASB is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org/cpas/complaints.
NASBA National Registry of CPE Sponsors—Sponsor License Number 107522
Texas Sponsor Number 000016