FASB Names Seven New Members to Its Small Business Advisory Committee
Norwalk, CT—March 9, 2023—The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) today announced the appointment of seven new members to its Small Business Advisory Committee (SBAC), effective immediately.
The new members are:
- Tony Aponte, Chief Accounting Officer, Attentive
- Jason Kies, Office Managing Partner and a Global Lead Partner for Private Equity, KPMG, LLP
- Rakhi Kumar, Chief Accounting Officer, Roivant Sciences
- Jennifer Langer, Vice President, Controller, and Chief Accounting Officer, Hyster Yale Materials Handling, Inc.
- Randy Oberdiek, Partner, Regional Accounting and Auditing Director, Northwest Region, FORVIS, LLP
- Penny Pepperling, Office Managing Partner–Assurance, BDO
- Gregory Waina, Owner, Waina & Company, LLC.
The SBAC serves as a standing resource for the FASB. Its role is to provide focused input and feedback from a small public company perspective, consider whether there are differences in perspectives for small public versus private companies, and assist the FASB and its staff on matters for which the FASB may seek guidance.
“We’re pleased to welcome seven new members to the SBAC, who bring a mix of experience and perspectives to their roles on the committee,” said FASB Chair Richard R. Jones. “They join a distinguished and diverse group of professionals, including two additional investors who were appointed last fall, whose input helps FASB better understand and serve the needs of smaller and medium-sized public companies and their investors and other allocators of capital.”
For more information about the SBAC and its activities, visit www.fasb.org.