RESCHEDULED TO JUNE 27: FASB Webcast
for Private Companies & Not-for-Profit Organizations
Participants in Live Webcast Eligible for Up to 2.5 CPE Credits
Norwalk, CT—May 18, 2022—This week, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) announced a new date for its upcoming webcast that will provide a semi-annual update on its standard-setting activities pertaining to private companies and not-for-profit organizations. The webcast, titled IN FOCUS: FASB Update for Private Companies and Not-for-Profit Organizations, will take place on Monday, June 27, 2022 from 1:00 to 3:05 p.m., Eastern Daylight Time. (Those who previously registered for the webcast will automatically be registered for the new date).
Participants in the live broadcast (which is offered free of charge to those who preregister) will be eligible for up to 2.5 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit. (CPE credit is not available for group viewing of the live broadcast.)
The webcast will feature FASB Vice Chairman Jim Kroeker and FASB Member Marsha Hunt; Private Company Council (PCC) Member Paul Hensley; FASB Supervising Project Managers Jenifer Wyss and Jeff Gabello; and FASB Postgraduate Technical Assistants Hannah Grosel and Sarah Wasikowski.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Overview of FASB’s current agenda, status of certain projects, and the relationship of the FASB’s current agenda to its mission
- Update on the FASB’s Agenda Consultation research project
- Update on leases and credit losses implementation and post-implementation review activities
- Government assistance, including reporting of COVID-19-related Federal assistance and government assistance disclosures by business entities, and the FASB’s research project on accounting for government grants
- PCC/private company efforts
- Not-for-profit (NFP) update
- Update on FASB current projects
- Audience question-and-answer session.
For more information about the webcast, visit www.fasb.org.